Management Trainee Job Description
Gains knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under direction of experienced personnel by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as Finance, Client Services, Sales, Operations, Healthcare Data Solutions and IT.
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
- Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the position, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances dictate.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company.
- Position requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Extensive travel may be required depending upon the position.