Quality Control Supervisor
Job Description and Jobs (example in plastic industry)
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting incoming materials, inprocess molded plastic components, and finished fabricated plastic products to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications.
- Draws sketch and writes inspection procedure for each new item to be fabricated, indicating areas to be examined, measuring devices to be used, and maximum and minimum acceptable dimensions.
- Distributes sketch and procedure to engineering, production control, and inspection work stations.
- Inspects molded components following first-run production of new item, using gauges and shadow comparator, and advises technician of type of defects noted and need for machine adjustment.
- Repeats inspection procedure until product meets quality standards and specifications are attained.
- Confers with customer representative to resolve complaints.
- Notifies suppliers and subcontractors of reasons for rejection of materials and parts received.
- Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR (any industry) Master Title.